The Streetwise Investor…
Somehing I want to talk about is the lack of investment knowledge people have. I live in South Africa and want to start investing.
My insanely huge interest for investing started when I was in high school around the age of 16. I was an arrogant little brat who wanted everything I saw. I got very irritated with my parents who did not have the neccesary funds to feed my expensive habits.
I always moaned about it but never seemed to get going and start saving. I always worked but never saved and therefore fell into the ratrace at a very early age. I met a guy who advised me a liitle and supplied me with a book called “Rich Dad Poor Dad”. I must confess that it was the most influential book I have ever read and changed my lief forever.
Anyway, to get back to what’s bothering…
I have all this energy and motivation towards investing in real estate and stock so I feel that I really need to dig in and get going. Fortunately for me the professional people in the investment sector will be more than willing to assist the virgin investor on his new found journey to financial independence…or so I thought. The pro’s in the field as they call themselves either try and take advantage of the fact that you know less about investing than a lion about his next meal. Or they do not even take notice of your life savings that you worked your ass of for. Furthermore I have yet to meet a Real Estate Agent who has the knowledge to tell you if a property is a good investment or not. Not to even talk about figures.
I want to be a spunge. I want to learn more about what to do, where to invest but all I get is that the people who do look like they want to help actually only want to throw their eight around, show you what they know and what they are capable of. The end result of this is a vague description of how much they have achieved and not what I want to hear.
Ok, done moaning…I want to know if there are people out there who are out there who are willing to help the junior enthusiastic investor. Similar to Robert Kyiosaki’s “Rich Dad”. All masterminds of today’s world had mentors. Who wants to be mine? Who wants to be the next generation of junior Superheroes in the making’s mentors?
Tuesday, October 6, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment